THE FEDERAL AUTHORITY FOR TRANSPORT OVERSIGHT
The Federal Authority for Transport Oversight (hereinafter — Rostransnadzor) of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation is an executive federal authority of the Russian Federation, which oversees (controls) observation of the Russian Federation legislation and international agreements of the Russia Federation in a transport sector.
|Basargin Viktor Fedorovich
Head of Federal service for transport oversight
|Saritskiy Sergey Nikolaevich,|
|Akhokhov Aslanbek Chelimatovich|
|Chertok Vladimir Borisovich|
The Authority is guided by federal laws, orders and decrees of the Russian President and Government and by international conventions, regulations, memorandums, resolutions of the Assemblies of the International Civil Aviation Organization and International Maritime Organization (ICAO and IMO) on the international level.
Control and oversight are exercised by state inspectors of Rostransnadzor who has the authority to:
- Give legal entities, officials or physical persons compulsory directions about elimination of revealed violations;
- Hold up vehicles;
- Report matters for court action so that decision is made to dismiss officials including heads of enterprises;
- Suspend activities of a legal entity via court for a time period of up to three months.
Rostransnadzor is a unit of the RF Ministry of Transport.
Rostransnadzor has powers in:
- Sea and inland water, railway transport and automobiles;
- Civil aviation;
- Road infrastructure;
- Transport security.
Rostransnadzor issues permits, as well as suspends, restricts or annuls them.
- State aviation security oversight
- State aviation safety oversight
- State maritime and river oversight
- State railway oversight
- State road oversight
- Transport security
Last modified 13.09.2017 10:26